This time of the year encourages each of us to consider how far we’ve come and to look towards opportunities in the year ahead.
One highlight of 2019 for Club Coffee came when we revealed a new corporate look based on “brewing the good in coffee”. Of course, that message means many things to our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders, such as high-quality products and compostable packaging innovations that reflect rapidly changing consumer expectations. But “brewing the good in coffee” goes much further for Club Coffee. It reaches around the globe because of our ongoing support for the work of Grounds for Health (www.groundsforhealth.org).
The coffee we all enjoy starts the long journey to our cups through the work of women who do at least 70% of the picking, sorting and harvesting in coffee-producing regions. Grounds for Health has worked for more than 20 years to reduce the incidence of cervical cancer among these very women.
In 2019 alone, thanks in part to funding from Club Coffee, Grounds for Health’s staff in Kenya and Ethiopia were able to:
- Provide cervical cancer screening to 14,000 women
- Treat almost 1,500 women, usually on the same day of their screening
- Prepare to roll out exciting new treatment technologies in 2020
All these actions are helping turn the tide on the #1 cause of cancer death in low resource countries. We are proud to help make that difference, on behalf of our customers and, thanks to you, we are continuing to support the work of Grounds for Health in 2020.
It says a great deal about you, the people we work with, that you were so supportive of our decision to fund Ground for Health by using the funds that otherwise would have gone to sending you our traditional holiday coffee selections. That positive response is just one of the many reasons that we value our relationship with you.
Ways to Help
We encourage you, whether as individuals, groups or businesses, to consider supporting the work of Grounds for Health directly at www.groundwsforhealth.org/donate .
Grounds for Health has suggested several ways that individuals and companies can help support its valuable work around the coffee-growing world.
- Use AmazonSmile and they will donate 0.01% of all your purchases: groundsforhealth.org/amazon
- Ask your employer to set up and match donations, such as through employee giving programs
- Tell your elected representatives that you support global cervical cancer prevention
- Follow GFH & spread the word:
- Work with GFH to design a mutually-beneficial cause-related marketing initiative and link your brand to good deeds
- Facilitate employee giving to GFH and match employee contributions
- Donate premium green coffee to the annual online coffee auction
- Encourage other companies to join the effort by matching your support
Grounds for Health’s vision is a world in which all women are protected from the threat of cervical cancer by timely and high-quality prevention services.
Grounds for Health
600 Blair Park Rd., Suite 311
Williston, VT 05495
Tel. +1 (802) 876-7835
To read the full communication, please download: Grounds for Health